Horseback Riding and Outdoor Activities Summer Camp
Our goal is to provide a fun, challenging and safe environment in which to teach riders about horses, instruction in correct equitation, the fundamentals of horse/pony care, and stable management practices. The campers will make friendships and memories that will last a lifetime.
Daily activities consist of riding lessons (hunt seat equitation, dressage, cross country jumping, show jumping, longing, and carriage driving), trail riding, swimming, crafts and canoeing. Many interesting topics will be covered during camp week that may include: equine dentistry, basic veterinary care, farrier (horse shoer) visits, and participation in our “Camp Demonstration” at the end of the week.
June 26-30, 2017
July 10-11, 2017
July 31-Aug 4, 2017
Monday thru Friday 9am-4pm $450 per session
Children’s Summer Camp
Aftercare Available 4-6pm $50/week
Space Limited to 12 Campers per week
Download 2017 Summer Camp Brochure enrollment form or to register for camps, please call 540-399-1800.
- Camps are designed for Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced riders with certified instructors to accommodate all skill sets.
- We provide quality school horses paired for each rider, or campers may bring their own horses for an additional boarding fee of $25 per day.
- A.S.T.M./S.E.I. approved helmets are required for juniors and adults while jumping. (we supply if needed)
- Shoes with a heel required for riding.
- Tennis shoes required for all other activities
- Campers will need to pack a lunch; refreshments will be provided (drinks and snacks)
- Last day of each camp is “Friends and Family Day!” Campers will ride horses and perform an exhibition for everyone starting at 2:30 pm.